Ok, things are speeding up, Not sure If I mentioned that I finished the tutorial a few weeks back. I’ve since added code that add sounds for each direction swiped. The program also will play those sounds if your hero hits a wall, telling you which way you can go.
Artists are buzzing, send over new concepts and ideas. We’re meeting soon to go over things.
So much left to do, much of which is just up to me to work through, some of which may be prioritized differently day to day and depending on which assets i receive/need/have to make. :
- get hero graphics in,
- animating properly.
- Parse Json mazes
- figure out how to parse image names in with the tmx file (maybe)
- establish tile grid sizes
- or Create new sks mazes
- start menu loading first
- get play button going to first game scene
- pause overlay or scene
- Credits scene
- Illusions? may need to revisit this idea this summer
- explore scenekit for enemies.
- find bandura/mandolin/string sounds/chords for up/down/left/right audio
- right now i have a computer voice just saying the direction.
- tweak background music.
- explore using SKaudio with UDLR sounds to help you know if you are near/far from goal.
- need hero movement sounds. perhaps some ambient ruins/castle sounds. Things sound stark.